We provide a 1-day Successful Commercialisation training programme that will be designed to meet the specific needs of your organisation, to accommodate between 8 and 25 delegates.
Our Successful Commercialisation programme will enable you to:
- Lead, motivate excellence and innovation in commercialisation, and operate creatively to rise to challenges, and shape opportunities
- Meet existing and future commercialisation opportunities with the required skills, credibility and confidence
- Create your own action plan for achieving your specific commercialisation objectives.
The content of the Successful Commercialisation programme is underpinned by the latest, robust commercial, regulatory and academic techniques and insights. It is highly practical, interactive and application-focused.
The learning and contents are supported by a Successful Commercialisation delegate pdf workbook, and a series of short, supporting podcasts and videos weekly for 6 weeks after the workshop to enable continuity of learning.
You will receive a short, diagnostic online questionnaire which needs to be completed in advance of the training. The purpose of the questionnaire is to give you the opportunity to share your individual objectives for the training and provide information on the commercialisation projects that you are working on so that the training can be tailored accordingly.
By the end of the programme, you will:
- Have a plan to successfully commercialise products and services in the context of your own role and objectives
- Have experienced a range of real and appropriate case studies, used throughout the day
- Be able to see your product and service offer from the customer perspective
- Have developed the necessary skills and knowledge to progress commercialisation in your own area of expertise.
You will work hands-on throughout the day to actively apply the learning to develop and strengthen your own plans.
Groups of colleagues working together on the same project will have the opportunity to collaborate throughout.
Introduction to Successful Commercialisation
- Definition of Successful Commercialisation
- Opportunities and challenges
- Legislation (overview and reminder)
- Key skills for successful commercial management
The Customer Perspective
- Perceptions of ‘value’
- Customer behaviour and decision-making
- How to create an exceptional experience
- Building a positive brand image
Assessing Your Service Proposition
- Application of a simple tool for you to self-assess the commercialisation ‘readiness’ and status of your product or service propositions
Budgets, Return on Investment, Planning Ahead
Applying the Marketing Mix to Your Service Proposition
- You will apply the extended Service Marketing Mix to your product or service proposition, supported and coached by us, to create a plan
Making it Happen: Project Planning for Commercialisation
- Stakeholder analysis and influencing plan
- Resource planning and analysis
- Lean start-up techniques and MVP
- Costs and benefits
- Optimising productivity
Review, Next Steps, Feedback and Close
Follow-up Support (optional)
You will have access to your tutor by phone and email once the one-day event has been delivered for any further support and advice that may be needed.
The programme will be delivered by associate lecturer from the University of York, and Managing Director of The Big Bang Partnership, Dr. Jo North.
Jo has worked with c. 900 regulators on Better Business for All Business Insights programmes, and has extensive hands-on experience of successful commercialisation projects for clients such as Transport for London, regulated rail businesses, and Northumbrian Water Group (moving from monopoly provider to competitive commercial retailer in the B2B sector).